Dresden, capital of the eastern German state of Saxony, is distinguished by the celebrated art museums and classic architecture of its reconstructed old town. Completed in 1743 and rebuilt after WWII, the baroque church Frauenkirche is famed for its grand dome. The Versailles-inspired Zwinger palace houses museums including Gemäldegalerie Alte Meister, exhibiting masterpieces of art like Raphael’s “Sistine Madonna.”
Please click on the red SUBSCRIBE button to get notified of brand new videos from ben sedin! Or click here to automatically subscribe:
Dresden - Wikipedia
Dresden (German pronunciation: [ˈdʁeːsdn̩] (); Upper and Lower Sorbian: Drježdźany; Czech: Drážďany; Polish: Drezno) is the capital city and, after Leipzig, the second-largest city of the Free State of Saxony in Germany.It is situated in a valley on the River Elbe, near the border with the Czech Republic.. Dresden has a long history as the capital and royal residence for the Electors ...
Dresden 2019: Best of Dresden, Germany Tourism - TripAdvisor
On the banks of the lovely Elbe River, the German city of Dresden is lush and green, filled with forests and gardens and parks. The city is rich with cultural and artistic history; the great operatic composer Wilhelm Wagner debuted a number of works here in the 1800s and, today, an independent light opera company keeps the classical art form modern and fresh.
Bombing of Dresden in World War II - Wikipedia
The bombing of Dresden was a British/American aerial bombing attack on the city of Dresden, the capital of the German state of Saxony, during World War II in the European Theatre.In four raids between 13 and 15 February 1945, 722 heavy bombers of the British Royal Air Force (RAF) and 527 of the United States Army Air Forces (USAAF) dropped more than 3,900 tons of high-explosive bombs and ...
THE 15 BEST Things to Do in Dresden - 2019 (with Photos ...
Book your tickets online for the top things to do in Dresden, Germany on TripAdvisor: See 36,762 traveler reviews and photos of Dresden tourist attractions. Find what to do today, this weekend, or in April. We have reviews of the best places to see in Dresden. Visit top-rated & must-see attractions.
Dresden | Germany | Britannica.com
Dresden: Dresden, city, capital of Saxony Land (state), eastern Germany. Dresden is the traditional capital of Saxony and the third largest city in eastern Germany after Berlin and Leipzig. It lies in the broad basin of the Elbe River between Meissen and Pirna, 19 miles (30 km) north of the Czech border and
Dresden travel | Saxony, Germany - Lonely Planet
Explore Dresden holidays and discover the best time and places to visit. | There are few city silhouettes more striking than Dresden’s. The classic view from the Elbe’s northern bank takes in spires, towers and domes belonging to palaces, churches and stately buildings, and indeed it's hard to believe that the city was all but wiped off the map by Allied bombings in 1945.Dresden's cultural ...
- Germany's Dresden and Leipzig
- Dresden, Germany
- Dresden (Germany) Vacation Travel Video Guide
- ONE DAY IN DRESDEN🇩🇪 Germany Travel Vlog!
- Dresden, Germany: Reconstructed and Rewarding
- Day Trip to Dresden, Germany
- Most stunning city in Germany: Dresden 4K
- Walking in DRESDEN / Germany - Central Station to Old Town and back - 4K 60fps (UHD)
- This is your guide to 24 hours in Dresden!
- Dresden, Germany 2013: 5 reasons why I love it - HD
- Dresden Germany مدينة درسدن المانيا
- Dresden - Three Travel Tips | Discover Germany
- A DAY TRIP TO TU DRESDEN, GERMANY
- Walk around Dresden Germany Elbe-Frauenkirche-Castle-Zwinger-Prager Straße
- Dresden is BEAUTIFUL | Germany Vlog 03
- 24 Hours in DRESDEN | Germany Budget Travel Guide
- A German Christmas market in Dresden | DW Documentary
- Dresden, Germany - Top European Destination To Visit
- Dresden, Germany
- A Bird's-Eye View of Dresden, Germany / Dresden aus der Vogelperspektive