Conjuring up the perfect Christmas spirit is hard work for those working at Dresden's Striezelmarkt Christmas market. Then there are all the concerns about security.
Fairy tale houses, bakeries, handicrafts, mulled wine and the Dresden fruitcake now known as Stollen, once called Striezel, from which the market gets its name - with more than 230 booths, it's easy to get into the Yuletide spirit. And that's what visitors do, despite tightened security since the terrorist attack in Berlin two years ago. Concrete bollards, barriers and large water containers are meant to provide security. There are more police patrolling the streets than in the past. It's a new normality, and many people still have to get used to it. A Report by Thomas Gill.
DW Documentary gives you knowledge beyond the headlines. Watch high-class documentaries from German broadcasters and international production companies. Meet intriguing people, travel to distant lands, get a look behind the complexities of daily life and build a deeper understanding of current affairs and global events. Subscribe and explore the world around you with DW Documentary.
Subscribe to DW Documentary:
For more documentaries visit:
DW netiquette policy: http://www.dw.com/en/dws-netiquette-policy/a-5300954
Christmas market - Wikipedia
Birmingham's Christmas Market, primarily located on New Street between the Bullring shopping centre and the Council House, is the "largest outdoor Christmas market in the UK" as well as the "largest authentic German Christmas market outside of Germany or Austria". The market also offers live entertainment on the main stage.
German Christmas Market - Oconomowoc, WI | The German ...
The Christmas Market is truly a can’t miss outing this holiday season—a shopping and entertainment venue that rivals even those found in Europe. No holiday season is complete without a day (or two) out at the annual German Christmas Market. This event is a celebration of the hearty German community here in Wisconsin. Whether you are German ...
The Best German Christmas Markets | Travel + Leisure
Most Christmas markets open the Friday before Advent and run through December 24, Christmas Eve, which is typically the most family-oriented day of the season in German homes (think: tree-trimming ...
Germany's 10 best Christmas markets - Telegraph
Sizzling sausages, Glühwein (mulled wine) and gingerbread: it will soon be Christmas-market time again. Across Britain, dozens of German-themed markets open in late November, ready to kick-start ...
German Christmas Markets - 2018 Christmas Market Dates ...
Map of German Christmas Markets. Explore and Discover more! Every German Christmas Market is very different, unique and well worth a visit. Travelling from one town or City to the next is usually only a matter of minutes, especially if you decide to discover the efficiency of Germany's renowned public transport.
Home | Christmas Village in Baltimore
Experience the magic of an authentic German Christmas market right here in Baltimore! Coming to the Inner Harbor from November 23rd through Christmas Eve in 2019, Christmas Village will feature 50 vendors selling authentic European food, ornaments and arts & crafts from all over the world!
- A German Christmas market in Dresden | DW Documentary
- Dresden - Traditional Christmas Market | Discover Germany
- Europe’s OLDEST Christmas Market | Dresden Christmas Market in Germany
- Dresden Christmas Markets
- 10 traditional ingredients for a very German Christmas | Meet the Germans
- Rick Steves' European Christmas: Germany
- Dresden opens its famous Christmas market
- Germany's BEST Christmas Market? | The Medieval German Christmas Market Of Lights In Dortmund
- Christmas Specialties (1) Lebkuchen from Germany | euromaxx
- GERMAN FOOD PORN: Christmas Markets
- The Don'ts of Visiting Christmas Markets
- Traditional Christmas Food in Germany | euromaxx
- here's what a german christmas market looks like
- Germany's Christmas Markets
- Lake Mohawk German Christmas Market (12-01-2018)
- Land grabbing in Romania | DW Documentary
- Dresden Xmas markets 2018
- Famous Dresden Christmas market opens for business
- 2018 Vienna Advent | Europe Christmas Market Tour
- German Christmas Markets Still Culturally Enriching? - Vaterland Report